quick books logo
We are a Quickbooks Platinum Partner

Why do I need a business accountant or adviser?

Delegating your company’s financial affairs to a specialist business accountant (or business adviser) is one way to help you make more time for the running of your business. An experienced business adviser can become part of your team, understand your needs and help with decision-making, and more. You need to choose the right accountant and make sure you trust them with your company’s financial information.

– What does an accountant do for my business?

Your accountant can help with a wide range of functions within your business. From administration tasks, such as bookkeeping or filing your accounts, to more in-depth tax planning, business advice, and much more.

Contact us to talk through the needs you have for a business accountant.

Can I submit my tax return myself?

Whilst it is possible to submit your tax return yourself, the process can be lengthy and time-consuming. Here at Gascoynes, we have years of experience of filing on behalf of our clients and we can ensure you remain compliant by filing your tax return accurately and on time.

How long do I have before I register with HMRC once I start trading?

You must notify HMRC within 3 months of starting to trade in business in order to avoid a £100 penalty. If you’re approaching this deadline, then contact us and we will help you get the form in on time.

How easy it is to change accountants?

Switching accountants is easy and straight-forward. It’s usually a case of writing to your current accountant, telling them the name of your new accountants and advising them that the new firm will be contacting them shortly to collect your records.

Please do contact us if you have further questions about your business accounts and how Gascoynes can help you.

Gascoynes Staff