We are pleased to provide a copy of our Autumn Budget 2017 summary detailing the main points in the Chancellor’s speech which is now available to download here.
Our summary focuses on the tax measures which may affect you, your family and your business. To help you decipher what was said we have included our own comments.
If you have any questions please contact us for advice.
Main Budget tax proposals
Our summary concentrates on the tax measures which include:
- increases to the personal allowance and basic rate band
- more tax relief for investment in certain Enterprise Investment companies
- proposed changes to Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- improvements to Research and Development tax credit regimes
- VAT limits frozen for two years
- support for businesses to cope with the effects of business rates revaluation and the so called ‘staircase tax’.